Number of Competitions
There are a total of six competition classes: Novice and Advanced in each of the following:
- Digital Images
- Black and White Prints,
- Color Prints.
Number of Awards
Awards are given to 25% of the entries in each class: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place and honorable mentions to a total of 25% of the entries. The secretary will announce how many awards are to be given after removing any entries that do not conform to club rules.
Procedures for Judging
- All images will be shown once with no comments.
- The judge shall reject any entry not conforming to the announced subject of the evening.
- During the second showing, we would appreciate the judge making brief comments of an instructive nature and then announcing whether the image is IN or OUT of the competition.
- The number of images left will be stated and the judge will continue to announce IN or OUT until the required number of images for awards is reached (25% of the total number of entries).
- If too many images are eliminated, judging will start over. If a small number of prints or images are left, they may be viewed all at once or the judge may request all of the images be shown quickly to see which ones are left.
- The winners and the titles of their entries will be announced at the end of the judging in each class.
Notifications to judges
Judges shall be notified by e-mail of the following on the Saturday prior to the Tuesday of the Club Competition:
- Link to all the digital images entered without title or image-maker
- Number of Prints in each of the four categories for adjudication (from September 2016)